Saturday, January 29, 2011

New Testament thought of the week!

John the Baptist,

Okay so I am doing I bit of choice one and two in my blog post today.

Therefore, john sent his followers to go ask Jesus if he was the one they were all waiting for. (This is in Mathew 11 and Luke 7) and he showed them miracles .

If I was a disciple of john the Baptist, I think I would return say something like this to john. say wow this guy is really spiritual. He has preformed all these miracles and can forgive sins. All these signs point to him so this person must be the messiah. You were right all along. I think they would be a little embarrassed don't you? John already told them to go follow Jesus. Now john is in prison and he has to show them that they need to go follow the messiah because they do not get it. Therefore, he sends them with this question as a learning experience John already knows Jesus is the messiah their cousins Mary told Elizabeth what Gabriel said. John had heard the voice of the lord say this is my son and he had seen a sign from the Holy Ghost in the form of a dove. I really got I lot clearer understanding of this from the institute manual the way it sates things so simply really helps me figure this out .

No comments: