Thursday, February 3, 2011

Footprints poem

This poem is hanging up in the bathroom at my parents' house .so some people have it memorized. I found this one on some else blog and stole but it the best version. There is another one called footprints in the sand but it doesn't rhyme as well also someone once told me this person who wrote this was somehow related to grandpa or maybe that was a hymn.

Any way lo and behold awesome inspiring poem


 

Top of Form


 


 

The Footprints of God By: Ken Brown

In the deepest sleep one night I dreamed

That on the beach I walked.

God was by my side each step

And quietly we talked.

Then on the sky my life was flashed;

The visions all serene.

Two sets of footprints in the sand were there in every scene.

But then I noticed in some scenes of suffering,pain,and strife....

Just a single set of footprints At the worts times of my life.

''God....you said you'd stay by me in good times and in bad....

Why then did you leave me each time my life was sad?"

''My precious child" God answerd, "When your life had pain, I knew; The single set of footprints were the times I carried you"

No comments: