Saturday, January 22, 2011

New testament thought of the week

I decided to choose three beatitudes that I felt I needed improving in. That by applying them to myself I will have more blessedness aka greater joy in my life because of these things.

Blessed are the poor in spirit this is defined in the institute manual as the need for the sprit or being dependent on the spirit I guess I saw this as a hunger that can only be feed by spiritual growth a desire for spiritual growth . I feel lately that my own growth has become stagnant and my ability to acknowledge my complete reliance on my savior has become somehow frustrated sometimes     that I should be able to accomplish more with my own power that is a lie . It is important to remember that I am broke and I rely daily on my saviors care to make it by. Blessed Are They That Hunger and Thirst After Righteousness I kind of saw this as being the same as being poor in spirit but I geuss it also means that I should desire to have righteousness . blessed are the peace makers lately I seem to be arguing with every one in my life and reading this helped me to realize that if I continue on this path I will become a trouble maker and that's not who I think I want to be I want to have greater joy by bring peace not causing strife

No comments: