Saturday, January 15, 2011

New Testament Class!


 

So once a week I am going to do a special post for my religion class. Here is the first one! I am studying the New Testament on my off block. It is partly to keep me from going crazy the other part is I am excited to study the new testament! Seminary feels like forever ago and I do not know that much. so this is going to be good for me.

1. Why was John hesitant to baptize Jesus? Because he knew Christ was his savior and that he needed Christ's atonement he said I need your help why do you want to be baptized by me.

2. What is taught here about the Holy Ghost? The holy ghost is a personage .the sign of the dove is a sign given by the holy ghost to john to confirm Christ as the son of god because the dove symbolizes truth and Satan cannot impersonate truth this part was deep and a little beyond me but that's what I under stood

3. Jesus Christ said he must be baptized in order to full fill all righteousness. List three reasons why Jesus Christ was baptized.

    1. Christ was baptized to set an example so others would follow him.

    2. Christ was baptized because baptism is a required sacred ordinance and a commandment.

    3.    so that he would be able to receive the holy ghost So John could be a witness of Christ and people would know him


 

4. What evidence is found in Mathew 3 16 -17 that the father son and holy ghost are three separate personages in the god head? they are listed as doing different things Christ is being Baptized the father is speaker and the holy ghost is descending in the sign of a dove . one being is not doing all three things at once it would say so , they are three separate beings .

No comments: