Wednesday, June 22, 2011

LDS.org - CES Fireside - Lessons from Liberty Jail

awesome talk that i just read for class and i think this poem goes with

Instructions

One night in deepest sleep, I dreamed,

Upon the beach I walked.

The Lord was by my side each step

As quietly, we talked.

Then on the sky my life appeared;

Each chapter was serene.

Two sets of footprints in the sand

I saw in every scene.

And then I noticed in some parts

Of discontent and strife,

Just a single pair of footprints

In the worst times of my life.

"Lord, you said you'd walk by me

In good times and in bad.

Why then weren't you with me

When you knew my life was sad?"

"My dearest child," God whispered,

"When you suffered then, I knew;

The single pair of footprints

Were those times I carried you."

By ken brown


LDS.org - CES Fireside - Lessons from Liberty Jail

you can hear to the talk by clicking on a button labeled listen

No comments: