Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mary and Martha

Mary and Martha I am fascinated by these sisters we see nit only their relationship with the savior but with each other .

I always get the Mary's mixed up so when Mary is with Martha its easier to understand what's going on. When we first meet Martha and Mary Martha is the one who worries more about the world then the lesson the savior is teaching and Christ has to chastise Martha after she comes whining to him in modern day terms I suppose the story would go like this these two relief society sisters were scheduled to plan this event a say girls camp and one sister was upset because her partner spent all her time studying her scriptures and preparing and studying the lesson so she prays to god and say dear god my partner is so concerned with the things of the sprit and isn't helping me with the catering and the décor ! wait I know is catering and décor our top priority or is it learning about the savior ….but when we see them again Martha is the one who goes out to greet him after her brother's death because Mary is frozen with grief . She tells the savoir she knows he is the Christ and that with his help all things are possible but if only he had been there her brother would not have died I think she doesn't understand the full extent of the saviors power but what she's saying is he would have been healed she does not yet realize that he will wake her brother.


 

It should be noted here that I love décor and this is a lesson that applies to me very personally that probably how I came up with this analogy in the first place


 


 


 

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Very nice. I too love this story. I love that we get to see the sisters twice with both their strengths and weaknesses. thanks for sharing.