Thursday, May 27, 2010

Writing exercise for English

Internal debate

What Would the Doctor do?

What is a problem?

What is a solution?


 

Me; The deer eat all the flowers in my garden.

Doctor: you have deer in your garden. That is fantastic! They such large fuzzy ears you know. There is nothing else like them in the galaxy and only a few pockets of wild ones left on planet earth.

Me: Doctor they eat all of my flowers all of them. In addition, I love flowers there cheerful and beautiful and are much more fantastic then fuzzy deer.

Doctor: It is true that flowers have a powerful effect on the mind. Something about them shows beauty and love they lift up people from the dark places and bring light and life into their souls.

Me: They eat everything why do they eat everything.

Doctor: perhaps they were …hungry ….I get hungry. Brilliant Now I am hungry.

Me: the point is the deer and I am non-compatible I hate them and you cannot change my mind.

Doctor: that is illogical and all in your head. It is your own prejudice.

Me: I just want a garden where if I plant something and it grows a deer will not eat it.

Doctor: then plant things they do not like to eat.

Me: they will eat anything except onions.

Doctor there you go problem solved plant a garden full of onions.

Me: I do not want a garden full of onions; I want one full of roses.

Doctor: roses are special.

Me: I wish deer were carnivores.

Doctor so used rather live in a neighborhood full of carnivores that eat meat… than one full of vegetarians who eat roses.

No comments: