Friday, May 28, 2010

Doctor draft #2

Internal debate

What Would the Doctor do?

What is a problem?

What is a solution?


 

Me; The deer eat all the flowers in my garden.

Doctor: you have deer in your garden. That is fantastic! They such large fuzzy ears you know. There is nothing else like them in the galaxy and only a few pockets of wild ones left on planet earth.

Me: Doctor they eat all of my flowers all of them. In addition, I love flowers their cheerful and beautiful and are much more fantastic then fuzzy deer.

Doctor: It is true that flowers have a powerful effect on the mind. Something about them shows beauty and love they lift up people from the dark places and bring light and life into their souls.

Me: They eat everything. Why do they eat everything?

Doctor: perhaps they were …hungry ….I get hungry. Brilliant Now I am hungry.

Me: the point is the deer and I am non-compatible I hate them and you cannot change my mind.

Doctor: that is illogical and all in your head. It is your own prejudice.

Me: I just want a garden where if I plant something and it grows a deer will not eat it.

Doctor: then plant things they do not like to eat.

Me: they will eat anything except onions.

Doctor: there you go. Problem solved. Plant a garden full of onions.

Me: I do not want a garden full of onions; I want one full of roses.

Doctor: roses are special.

Me: I wish deer were carnivores.

Doctor: so you would rather live in a neighborhood full of carnivores that eat meat… than one full of vegetarians who eat roses.

Me:Yes, roses are much more important than meat.

Doctor: you realize that meat includes human flesh don't you?

Me: then we would be justified in defending ourselves and shooting them

Doctor: that is disgusting. No guns .I has a rule and it is no guns

Me: we would never get a permit any way.

Me: I know lets lure all to a trap filled with tulips. The tulips will drug them and they will all fall asleep from eating drugged tulips. We will pack them up in a truck, drive 500 miles east, and drop them off in the wilderness.

Doctor So your going to drug them throw in the back a truck and kidnap them and then abandon them in the wilderness.

Me: yep simple and effective.

Doctor : Humans that's so selfish you could be so better and willing to share the environment with other creatures on earth instead of destroying yourselves and ripping everything apart.

Me: I will not accept the deer the only option I have left is to separate the deer from my environment. Release them in to a wilderness full of their natural predators and have them rejoin the circle of life.

Doctor: now you are just quoting the lion king.

Me: the lion king is cool. My point is supported by Mufasa king of the pride lands. The deer belong in the circle of life not living in my backyard eating flowers and getting fat.


 


 


 

2 comments:

Cathy said...

fascinating! I feel for you and your garden

Cathy said...

Yeah! I did it, it worked, I commented on your blog, I have tried so many times!